The Autour du Mont-Blanc project
Objectives, partners and activities
The Autour du Mont-Blanc project has set itself the objective of associating, in the ambit of Piano Integrato Transfrontaliero Espace Mont-Blanc, the operators of the "randonnée pédèstre" that works around Mont Blanc, coordinating and promoting all the activities linked to this sporting practice.
The partners involved in the different design activities are the Fondazione Montagna Sicura (Safe Mountain Foundation), which created and runs the Autourdumontblanc portal, the Syndicat Mixte Pays du Mont-Blanc (Mont Blanc Country Mixed Syndicate), the Municipalities of Saint Gervais, Courmayeur and Morgex, ASPERT (Sport for Everyone Association), SCS Mens&Corpore, the En passant par la montagne association and the Etat du Valais - Département de l'Economie et du Territoire.
The project objectives are, in general terms:
- to revitalise summer excursionism;
- to create a different offer;
- to encourage heterogeneity and seasonal differences of the offer;
- to develop balanced territorial management;
- to contemporaneously stimulate synergies between the sector operators.
- To reach these results, the following more specific objectives were set:
- to create a type of permanent collaboration between all those involved in pedestrian excursionism in Espace Mont Blanc;
- to place online and promote official communication on the Mont Blanc Tour;
- to develop new technologies and communication methods;
- to support the supportable development of the mountain territory by promoting innovative and alternative tourism.